Emails and intermittent line failures
Eric Hartup
2010-07-02 06:35:17 UTC
Up until three months ago, emails came direct to my outlook express. Now,
in order to read my mail I have to go to blueyonder site, click on email,
enter my email address and password to see what has been stored for me!!! I
then have to go to 'sittings', click on 'forwarding emails' and save this.
I return to O.E and all new emails are down-loaded!
Every time I need to check for any new emails I have to repeat the process.
This, coupled with the fact that I regularly loose broadband connection is
driving me mad. I have spend hours talking to some Indians, who do not
speak understandable English, who seem to be able to either give no real
guidance or tell me how to get the emails as I have to at the moment.
Trying to get someone to agree that the fault appears to be on virgin's page
which does do really save the forwarding of emails once the button to save
has been pressed is ridiculous to say the least. The reason I have been
given is that the fault is with Microsoft and they say the fault is with
Virgin.
The intermittent loss of broadband, which also affects the TV is costing me
a lot of time and money. My bill is now over £85 a month!
Is there any way of setting up the system to deliver ALL my email direct to
me via OE and getting the engineers of their seats and sorting out the cable
connection. I feel my only way out is to kick Virgin into touch after
having used them and their predecessor of over 15 years.
Also, why do they need to keep my private and business emails on their site
and also deciding what is spam and good messages?
When I was told by a colleague of going to the blueyonder sited I found that
there was over 9,000, yes 9,000 emails and 10,000 spam items stored
there!!!!
PLEASE HELP ME OUT OF THIS STUPIDITY!
Eric H
Eric Hartup
2010-07-02 16:58:03 UTC
Post by Eric Hartup
[...]
Virgin contacted me and checked everything, but I still cannot get my emails
direct.
They were sending a 'Senior Technician' around to sort out the problem of
intermittent cable connection. He was due to come at 3.00 p.m. I still
await him.
What efficiency!!"!! From my posting the first part of this the cable
connection has been down four times.
Eric H