Cannot find groups
Antioch
2009-09-24 09:33:32 UTC
Hello All

Sorry - this is OT but -

Last night, I lost connection to the net - still gone this morning.
I was trying to arrange an engineers visit whilst in the broadband support
group.

I am now at work and although I have msn.newsgroups set up in OE6, for some
reason I cannot see any of the normal VM groups.
I have followed the instructions as per below [at least six times]

http://www.virginmedia.com/myvirginmedia/newsgroups/setting-up.php

There are only 4 virginmedia groups - no BB support, no PCGuard etc.
There a couple of ntls there as well. This group is the only one with any
posts showing.

Rgds
Antioch
max
2009-09-24 12:05:20 UTC
Post by Antioch
Hello All
Sorry - this is OT but -
Last night, I lost connection to the net - still gone this morning.
I was trying to arrange an engineers visit whilst in the broadband support
group.
I am now at work and although I have msn.newsgroups set up in OE6, for
some reason I cannot see any of the normal VM groups.
I have followed the instructions as per below [at least six times]
http://www.virginmedia.com/myvirginmedia/newsgroups/setting-up.php
There are only 4 virginmedia groups - no BB support, no PCGuard etc.
There a couple of ntls there as well. This group is the only one with any
posts showing.
Rgds
Antioch
You need to use the text server text.news.virginmedia.com and you need to
log on using your username & password you use for email. Your tech is booked
for 26/9 - 8am to 12.

HTH
Antioch
2009-09-24 14:38:43 UTC
Post by max
Post by Antioch
[...]
Hello Max

Many thanks for your invaluable help and reading my post for me.
Re getting VM ngs here at work, I have tried - followed various forum
advice - keep getting error numbers.
I will crack it eventually.
But for the moment, you have solved my most urgent 'need to know'. I was
not looking forward to using the telephone this evening.
Take care.
Rgds
Antioch