Urgent! Problem sending emails!
john smith
2011-08-19 16:17:18 UTC
Hi there!

I wonder if you can help me?

I work from home and have been sending in work and invoices but my emails
haven't all been getting through, which is very annoying and may lead to my
going overdrawn. Could you take a look at the problem and see if it's at my
end or yours?

Thanks in advance!

john
DaveG
2011-08-19 23:05:10 UTC
Post by john smith
Hi there!
I wonder if you can help me?
I work from home and have been sending in work and invoices but my
emails haven't all been getting through, which is very annoying and may
lead to my going overdrawn. Could you take a look at the problem and
see if it's at my end or yours?
Thanks in advance!
john
FWIW, this not an official VM news group (there are no longer any official
ones) and it's very very unlikely anyone from VM will see your post.

You might want to look into VMs anti virus email filtering rules though.
Your emails may be blocked because of certain types of attachments being
disallowed.

Here's some links to get you started (Watch out for broken lines):

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Blocking-E-mail-attachments/td-
p/55164

http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?
CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=2186&CURRENT_CMD=SEARCH&CONFIGURATION=1002&PARTITION_ID=1&USERTYPE=1&LANGUAGE=en&COUNTY=us&VM_CUSTOMER_TYPE=

http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?
CONFIGURATION=1002&PARTITION_ID=1&TIMEZONE_OFFSET=&USERTYPE=1&VM_CUSTOMER_TYPE=Cable&CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=37906
--
Dave
Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder