Organisation and Redundancies
u***@hotmail.co.uk
2010-05-15 08:27:08 UTC
I hear from the inside that Virgin Media is making some dramatic
organisational changes, slashing essential maintenance and about to make
some serious numbers of people redundant. Virgin Media recently announced
record figures, so why all this change as though Virgin Media is going to
the wall.

Rumour has it that the CFO (recent from Tesco) is now operating the company
like a greengrocers. I wonder how long before he declares that he's saving
the company millions. No doubt he'll get a massive bonus and move on to new
pastures, leaving Virgin Media in a mess, and
customers like us taking services from a poorly maintained network. Can't
see that doing Virgin Media's Net Promoter Score (NPS) much good.

Ultra.Fast
Mike Jones
2010-05-15 10:29:03 UTC
Post by u***@hotmail.co.uk
I hear from the inside that Virgin Media is making some dramatic
organisational changes, slashing essential maintenance and about to make
some serious numbers of people redundant. Virgin Media recently
announced record figures, so why all this change as though Virgin Media
is going to the wall.
Rumour has it that the CFO (recent from Tesco) is now operating the
company like a greengrocers. I wonder how long before he declares that
he's saving the company millions. No doubt he'll get a massive bonus and
move on to new pastures, leaving Virgin Media in a mess, and customers
like us taking services from a poorly maintained network. Can't see that
doing Virgin Media's Net Promoter Score (NPS) much good.
Ultra.Fast
Sounds like the kind of thing we'd expect from VM.
--
*=( http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/
*=( For all your UK news needs.
chunkymonkey
Hope Mark Wilkin is first in front of the firing squad..
Carl Waring
2010-05-16 08:18:08 UTC
I hear from the inside ....
With no proof, of course we're going to believe "random poster" on the
internet.
some serious numbers of people redundant. Virgin Media recently announced
record figures, so why all this change as though Virgin Media is going to
the wall.
I believe they still have debts and stuff, don't they?
Carl Waring
DaveG
2010-05-16 11:41:42 UTC
Post by Carl Waring
I hear from the inside ....
With no proof, of course we're going to believe "random poster" on the
internet.
A bit like your "insider" posts of info then? :-)
Post by Carl Waring
some serious numbers of people redundant. Virgin Media recently
announced record figures, so why all this change as though Virgin Media
is going to the wall.
I believe they still have debts and stuff, don't they?
--
You cannot simply assume someone is honest
just because they are not an MP.
Carl Waring
2010-05-17 07:27:53 UTC
Post by DaveG
Post by Carl Waring
I hear from the inside ....
With no proof, of course we're going to believe "random poster" on the
internet.
A bit like your "insider" posts of info then? :-)
They would be, if I'd ever actually *made* any such posts.

Besides, you know me. I've been around here for over ten years; and the
original BY then VM newsgroups were not open to anyone to pop their head in.
Carl Waring
n***@ntlword.invalid.com
2010-05-16 09:05:48 UTC
Post by u***@hotmail.co.uk
I hear from the inside that Virgin Media is making some dramatic
organisational changes, slashing essential maintenance and about to make
some serious numbers of people redundant. Virgin Media recently announced
record figures, so why all this change as though Virgin Media is going to
the wall.
Rumour has it that the CFO (recent from Tesco) is now operating the company
like a greengrocers. I wonder how long before he declares that he's saving
the company millions. No doubt he'll get a massive bonus and move on to new
pastures, leaving Virgin Media in a mess, and
customers like us taking services from a poorly maintained network. Can't
see that doing Virgin Media's Net Promoter Score (NPS) much good.
Ultra.Fast
See also other UK companies for ex Tesco wideboy axe jobs. If these
tesco wonder boys really were, then tesco would have kept them.
Rob Stanley
2010-05-18 22:20:36 UTC
after much deep thought made the following comment/s within
Post by u***@hotmail.co.uk
I hear from the inside that Virgin Media is making some dramatic
organisational changes, slashing essential maintenance and about to
make some serious numbers of people redundant. Virgin Media recently
announced record figures, so why all this change as though Virgin
Media is going to the wall.
Rumour has it that the CFO (recent from Tesco) is now operating the
company like a greengrocers. I wonder how long before he declares that
he's saving the company millions. No doubt he'll get a massive bonus
and move on to new pastures, leaving Virgin Media in a mess, and
customers like us taking services from a poorly maintained network.
Can't see that doing Virgin Media's Net Promoter Score (NPS) much
good.
Ultra.Fast
correct.. several departments have already been briefed on inpending job
cuts..
--
Rob
Life through my lens