While I can say it....
Sheila
2010-02-22 18:56:01 UTC
Bollocks to Virgin!!!
Rob Stanley
2010-02-22 20:01:57 UTC
Sheila after much deep thought made the following comment/s within
Post by Sheila
Bollocks to Virgin!!!
once again im tempted to open my news.server to the vms loyal usenet
populous, but on the other hand if vm cant be bothered to treat its
users with a modicum of respect, then why the fuck should I step in?

answers on a postcard to ***@virginfuckitsuserbase.cnt
--
Rob
Life through my lens

f.u.b.virginmedia.users.photos.original
FAQ: http://virginmedia-users-photos-original.110mb.com
Alex Potter
2010-02-22 22:09:39 UTC
Post by Rob Stanley
answers on a postcard to
Rather an apt domain... :)
--
Regards
Alex

How the Internet is supposed to work: http://www.rfc-editor.org/
Nor
2010-02-23 22:15:16 UTC
Post by Sheila
Bollocks to Virgin!!!
once again im tempted to open my news.server to the vms loyal usenet
populous, but on the other hand if vm cant be bothered to treat its
users with a modicum of respect, then why the fuck should I step in?
Jings Rob! you are such a charmer! lol
Nor
--- news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: ***@netfront.net ---
Rob Stanley
2010-02-24 00:27:50 UTC
Nor after much deep thought made the following comment/s within
Post by Sheila
Bollocks to Virgin!!!
once again im tempted to open my news.server to the vms loyal usenet
populous, but on the other hand if vm cant be bothered to treat its
users with a modicum of respect, then why the fuck should I step in?
answers on a postcard to
Jings Rob! you are such a charmer! lol
you should see me go on a good day..
--
Rob
Life through my lens

Geordie
2010-02-22 20:26:05 UTC
On Mon, 22 Feb 2010 18:56:01 GMT, "Sheila"
Post by Sheila
Bollocks to Virgin!!!
That's being very polite Sheila. ;-)
--
There are two excellent theories for arguing with women. Neither one
works.
chunkymunkey
2010-02-22 20:29:17 UTC
Post by Sheila
Bollocks to Virgin!!!
gonna miss you :-(
Sheila
2010-02-22 20:46:28 UTC
Post by chunkymunkey
Post by Sheila
Bollocks to Virgin!!!
gonna miss you :-(
I wont! I still talk to most by/s on facebook!
chunkymunkey
2010-02-22 20:48:39 UTC
you will.
Grymma
2010-02-22 23:04:18 UTC
Post by Sheila
Bollocks to Virgin!!!
I am really quite upset about it all. More so because we entered a new
contract with them not so long ago :-( *Years* I've been a customer,
bloody *years*.... :-(
--
Grymma AFPOh Goddess Of Hangovers; DAcFD, BF (UU)
Today I hate you but try me again tomorrow.
Geordie
2010-02-22 23:10:41 UTC
Post by Grymma
Post by Sheila
Bollocks to Virgin!!!
I am really quite upset about it all. More so because we entered a new
contract with them not so long ago :-( *Years* I've been a customer,
bloody *years*.... :-(
Yep, they don't give a toss about their customers point of view
anymore.
Evolution is a harsh mistress.
Rob Stanley
2010-02-23 00:25:56 UTC
Geordie after much deep thought made the following comment/s within
Post by Geordie
Post by Grymma
Post by Sheila
Bollocks to Virgin!!!
I am really quite upset about it all. More so because we entered a new
contract with them not so long ago :-( *Years* I've been a customer,
bloody *years*.... :-(
Yep, they don't give a toss about their customers point of view
anymore.
in hindsight geordie I dont think they ever did..

Geordie
2010-02-23 07:56:57 UTC
On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 00:25:56 GMT, Rob Stanley
Post by Rob Stanley
Geordie after much deep thought made the following comment/s within
<snip>
Post by Rob Stanley
Post by Geordie
Post by Grymma
I am really quite upset about it all. More so because we entered a new
contract with them not so long ago :-( *Years* I've been a customer,
bloody *years*.... :-(
Yep, they don't give a toss about their customers point of view
anymore.
in hindsight geordie I dont think they ever did..
You're probably right when it comes to VM.
"I fought the Dharma, and the Dharma won." (Allen Ginsberg)
Rob Stanley
2010-02-23 19:04:08 UTC
Post by Rob Stanley
Post by Geordie
Post by Grymma
I am really quite upset about it all. More so because we entered a new
contract with them not so long ago :-( *Years* I've been a customer,
bloody *years*.... :-(
Yep, they don't give a toss about their customers point of view
anymore.
in hindsight geordie I dont think they ever did..
You're probably right when it comes to VM.
id go back even further than that geordie..

Geo
2010-02-23 12:42:16 UTC
Post by Rob Stanley
in hindsight geordie I dont think they ever did..
But at least for a spell they gave the impression that they did - and even
seemed to be listening (e.g AUP)
Geo
Rob Stanley
2010-02-23 19:03:16 UTC
Geo after much deep thought made the following comment/s within
Post by Rob Stanley
in hindsight geordie I dont think they ever did..
But at least for a spell they gave the impression that they did - and
even seemed to be listening (e.g AUP)
methinks someone passed it off as his own work and then reaped all the
benefits..

Chris U
2010-02-23 20:32:51 UTC
On Mon, 22 Feb 2010 23:10:41 GMT, Geordie
Post by Geordie
Post by Grymma
Post by Sheila
Bollocks to Virgin!!!
I am really quite upset about it all. More so because we entered a new
contract with them not so long ago :-( *Years* I've been a customer,
bloody *years*.... :-(
Yep, they don't give a toss about their customers point of view
anymore.
VM as a business is still really NTL.

The fact that the VM brand had the "For Sale" sign put up almost
within a year of the brand launch said the NTL board members wanted
out. Possibly realising that despite the strong brand name for such a
new brand was seen more as an asset in the brand name rather a going
concern as a profitable ISP. The current outstanding debt is it I
suspect the major stumbling block to the prospect of the investors and
board overcoming the rising cost of keeping ahead in marketing terms.

So much of the total VM network is a patchwork of largely old and
diverse technology which was laid and installed when the first cable
companies struggled to maximise return on what was then largely a
telephone service alone, so the high debts remained pretty much
interest repayments only.

NTL was already on the breadline at the time of the merger.

On a smaller scale it reminds me of the AOL takeover of Time Warner,
with AOL being vastly over valued at that time and also seeing a
growing decline its revenue.

With Google looking to enter the "ISP" market it is about the only
company with the finance to in time bid for the VM brand.
Alex Potter
2010-02-23 21:47:29 UTC
Post by Chris U
With Google looking to enter the "ISP" market it is about the only
company with the finance to in time bid for the VM brand.
The alternative would be for "us" to take the infrastructure off their
hands and run it as a public service. Oh, and BT's, while we're about it.

Yes, I know money's tight.

Nor
2010-02-23 22:28:03 UTC
Post by Sheila